People strong in the Belief theme have certain core values that are unchanging. Out of these values emerges a defined purpose for their life.
You can tell a person strong in Belief by these attributes (source: Dr. Hulme, APU):
Enduring core values
Deeply held ideas about life, purpose, and how things should be
Energized by activities that are mission- congruent
The genius of your Belief talent starts with the fact that you have some very deeply-held beliefs about what is true, what is unchanging, and what can be, and always will be, dependable. These beliefs go very deep. They provide personal power to stand strong no matter what. This is central to your character. But the genius of your Belief strength is what results from those beliefs. From your beliefs, you generate meaning, purpose and direction for your life and all you do. This meaning, purpose and direction translate into a tremendous amount of power, drive and motivation within you. So long as you revolve your life around your deepest values and beliefs, you will experience motivation, drive, and determination to make monumental impacts in the lives of individuals as well as groups and organizations.
You at your
- Best (Balcony): passionate, steadfast, knows where they stand, altruistic, family-oriented, ethical, responsible
- Worse (Basement): stubborn, set in his or her ways, elitist, unaccepting of other ideas, opinionated, goody-two-shoes
And from the first season:
- Conviction: The power and peril of passionate Belief
- The Belief Instinct: The Psychology of Souls, Destiny, and the Meaning of Life
- The Biology of Belief
- Using your strengths in school and college wth great ideas on building relationships, study techniques, class selection, and extra curricular activities.
- Read Why Partners nee complimentary strengths.
- Select a Career with strengths in mind
- Theme addicts is a series created by UnleashStrengths to highlight the massive impact the StrengthsFinder assessment through interviews and disucssions.
- Lead through your strengths features many interesting guests and Career Q and A about leverage your strengths at work.
- Maximize Your Strengths features interviews and disucssion on developing your strengths. She really drills into each of the themes by interviewing real people on how a specific theme shows up in their lives.
- Called to Coach is a webcast resource for those who want to help others discover and use their strengths. We have Gallup experts and independent strengths coaches share tactics, insights and strategies to help coaches maximize the talent of individuals, teams and organizations around the world.
- ISOGO TV promises a lot: So dramatically increase your energy and decrease your frustration at work, that you cannot help but take the Strengths paradigm home to your family. Fueling life-changing stories.
- The True Strength Podcast by Ian Pettigrew (Kingfisher Coaching) features inspiring true stories of how people succeed through applying their strengths and being resilient. It often includes a Gallup StrengthsFinder profile.
- If you are looking to identify and develop your strengths and talents, take calculated risks and make decisions, The Strengths Revolution with Steve Morgan will help your personal development, as well as helping you support your clients, employees, teams and wider organisations. Knowing your strengths will also support positive risk-taking and decision making as part of good risk management.