Presence Youths especially talented in the Presence theme like to tell stories and be at the center of attention.
Five ways to develop Presence
- Become a great story teller. Ted has a fascinating playlist on story telling.
- Communication is a big part of presence, which means words are important to you. Expand your vocabulary.
- Get confident in front of people. Get involved in theater or public speaking or singing.
- Watch great speakers in action. Check out TED, Big Think, Bonus: You will learn a lot more than how to speak and present from these websites.
- Join Tostmasters. Check out their World Championships of public speaking.
Tips for working with students strong in Presence:
- This person wants to tell you their story. Listen.
- Provide opportunities and challenge them to get in front of others.
Support for Presence
Amy Cuddy: Your body language shapes who you are
Ron Gutman: The hidden power of smiling
Mind tools explains How to build self Confidence.
Lifehacker has an increadible list of 63 ways to be more confident.
Roadtrip nation has a very engaging series focusing on Confidence.
and another on story-telling
Improving your story telling
14 part series on story telling